Here in this section of AWS tutorial you will learn the major concepts of Amazon Glacier and also learn how to create an Amazon S3 Glacier at the end of this blog.
Amazon S3 Glacier एक अमेज़न वेब सर्विस है इस पोस्ट में हम इसके बारे में अच्छे से जानेंगे What is Amazon S3 Glacier in Hindi की Amazon S3 Glacier किसे कहते है।
What is Amazon S3 Glacier in Hindi?
Amazon S3 Glacier, also known as AWS Glacier, is a class of cloud storage available through Amazon Web Services (AWS). Amazon S3 Glacier is a lower-cost storage tier designed for use with data archiving and long-term backup services on the public cloud infrastructure.
Amazon S3 Glacier (S3 Glacier) is a secure and durable service for low-cost data archiving and long-term backup.
Amazon Glacier is the most secure, durable and low-cost cloud storage solution on the market. Ideal for long-term storage and regulatory compliance, Glacier allows you to store data at drastically reduced prices—a fraction of the cost of an on-premise solution and lower than other cloud solutions. However, the cost savings come with longer retrieval times.
With S3 Glacier, you can store your data cost effectively for months, years, or even decades. S3 Glacier helps you offload the administrative burdens of operating and scaling storage to AWS, so you don’t have to worry about capacity planning, hardware provisioning, data replication, hardware failure detection and recovery, or time-consuming hardware migrations. For more information, go to the S3 Glacier pricing page.
Amazon S3 Glacier was created to house data that doesn’t need to be accessed frequently or quickly. This makes it ideal for use as a cold storage service, hence the inspiration for its name.
Amazon S3 Glacier retrieval times range from a few minutes to a few hours with three different speed options available: Expedited (1-5 minutes), Standard (3-5 hours), and Bulk (5-12 hours).
Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive offers 12-48-hour retrieval times. The faster retrieval options are significantly more expensive, so having your data organized into the correct tier within AWS cloud storage is an important aspect of keeping storage costs down.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) also provides three Amazon S3 Glacier archive storage classes. These storage classes are designed for different access patterns and storage duration. These storage classes differ as follows:
- S3 Glacier Instant Retrieval – Use for archiving data that is rarely accessed and requires milliseconds retrieval.
- S3 Glacier Flexible Retrieval (formerly the S3 Glacier storage class) – Use for archives where portions of the data might need to be retrieved in minutes. Data stored in the S3 Glacier Flexible Retrieval storage class can be accessed in as little as 1-5 minutes by using Expedited retrieval. You can also request free Bulk retrievals in up to 5-12 hours.
- S3 Glacier Deep Archive – Use for archiving data that rarely needs to be accessed. Data stored in the S3 Glacier Deep Archive storage class has a default retrieval time of 12 hours.
When to use S3
- Backup & Recovery
- Data Archiving
- Big Data Analytics
- Hybrid Cloud Storage
- Cloud-native Application Data
- Disaster Recovery
- Static Website Hosting
- Amazon CloudFront CDS (Content Delivery System)
इस पोस्ट में हमने Amazon S3 Glacier अमेज़न वेब सर्विस के बारे में अच्छे से जाना।